What makes logo design inspirational
An effective logo is appropriate, distinctive, graphic, practical, simple in form & conveys the intended message. In simplest form, a logo is to identify but to do this identification effectively it must be following the basic principles of logo design:
- Simple. A simple logo permits for easy identification and allows logo to be versatile & memorable. The most effective logos features something unique or unexpected without being overdrawn.
- Memorable. Following very closely behind the principle of simplicity is memorability. A unique and effective logo must be memorable and it is achieved by having an appropriate yet simple logo.
- Enduring. An effective logo endure the test of time. The designed logo should be ‘future proof’, that means the logo should still be effective in 10, 20, 50+ years time.
- Versatility. An effective logo must be able to work across variety of mediums and applications.
- Appropriate. logo should be appropriate for its intended audience and purpose.
- Design brief. The designer must conduct an interview with client to get the design brief.
- Research. The designer must conduct research that focuses on the industry itself, it’s history, and most importantly the competitors.
- Reference. The designer must conduct research into logo designs which have been successful and also on current trends and styles related to the design brief.
- Sketching & conceptualising. The designer must develop logo concepts around brief & research.
- Reflection. The designer must take breaks throughout the design process. This allows the designer ideas to mature and lets him/her get renewed enthusiasm. Receive feedback.
- Presentation. The designer must choose to present only the selected few logos to client or a whole collection. The designer should get feedback & repeat until completed.
These were the answer to the most commonly asked question “What makes logo design inspirational.”