Raster vs. Vector Art
In this article i am going to talk about Raster vs Vector Art and at the same time the pro’s and con’s of both.
A raster art is basically an image that is made of hundreds and thousands of small squares of color information, sometimes also referred to as dots or pixels. Example of most common type of raster art is a photograph.
Pros of Raster Images
- Rich Detail: If you know about the term “dpi” it stands for “dots per inch”. It is basically a measurement of how much detailed color information a basic raster image contains. Example if we got 1” x 1” square image having 300 dpi—that will be 300 individual squares of color. Having more dpi inside the image more details are going to be noticeable.
Cons of Raster Images
- Blurred When Enlarged: One of the biggest downfall of having a raster image is they become pixelated when they are enlarged.
A Vector Art basically uses math in order to draw shape using points, curves and lines. When compared with a raster image of a 1” x 1” square having 300 dpi instead of 300 individuals pieces of information, a vector image is going to contain only four points, one point at each corner.
Pros of Vector Art
- Infinitely Scalable: Vector files can easily be scaled down or up as much we want without losing picture quality.
- Smaller File Size: Vector graphic images have smaller size as compared to raster images.
Cons of Vector Images
- Limited Details: Since vector images require mathematical way to remembers data, they are not good for complex images as complex images require exact coloring.
- Limited Effects: Since vector images are basically created using simple points and lines. Due to this vector images cannot handle specific styling effects, such as drop shadow or blurring etc.
SEE Also: Mag_food82 Will Draw Black,White,Grey Vector Lineart Based Your Photo,Image. Line art style is suitable for: Avatar, Facebook or Twitter profile, Framing, Website Graphics, Wallpaper, Birthday or Wedding cards, As a gift to loved ones and more! Order Now!! Satisfaction Guaranteed.